Created 23 September 2002
Uploaded 28 April 2003
With full acknowledgement to Don Woodward KD4APP for suggesting this method.
The story so far:
· Make sure the radio is setup for 9600bps filtering
· Use of the mic or speaker connections will not work!
PC Hardware Setup:
· Check that you are using line in & line out: mic in and speaker connections will have filtering which will make encoding/decoding impossible
· Check that your Null modem cable works: setup two Hyperterminal sessions and check that they talk to each other.
WispDDE is optional and is only used for Doppler correction and rotator control.
Wisp software setup:
· Setup->Satellite Setup
· Edit UO-22, or New if not already setup
· UO-22 Properties->General (set Name, Type, State, Broadcast & BBS callsigns)
· UO-22 Properties->Scheduling (set priority 1)
· Frequencies (note at the time of writing the u/l freq is 145.975)
· TNC Settings (Set port, speed & TNC type)
· Directories (default settings)
· MSPE Settings (default settings)
· SatGate (default settings)
MixW software setup:
· Version: 2.06
· Mode->Packet (checked)
· Mode->Mode Settings->General (set callsign)
· Mode->Mode Settings->Parameters (TxTail 100ms, Enable Full duplex)
· Mode->Mode Settings->Beacon/Monitor (set callsign)
· Mode->Mode Settings->TNC, Custom AFSK (Enable KISS TNC on TNC emulation port)
· Configure->Soundcard Settings (Select soundcard, set sample rate 22025, Full duplex checked, disabled unchecked)
· Configure->TNC Emulation (COM1, 19200, Echo unchecked, Disable unchecked, RTS always on, DTR always on, Hardware flow control unchecked)
· Configure->TRCVR PTT/CAT…
· Press Details button to set the PTT port
· Wisp seems to have problems with COM ports above COM9, but MixW is OK with COM ports above COM9
· WispDDE versions 4.07 and above are OK up to COM20. Prior to this COM9 was the upper limit.
· If you have a 9600bps hardware TNC, use it to check the MixW software is decoding & encoding OK first (eg, TH-D7)
· Get your TX & RX sound levels right!
· I haven’t managed to get the MixW COM port emulator to work with Wisp.
· Wisp: if you enter the frequencies on the first time into setting up the satellite, it will not take. After setting up the other stuff, edit the satellite and then enter them.